Meet your teacher - Jo Slater
The Founding Director of the Centre, Jo is an ordained Buddhist teacher and runs meditation and healing sessions weekly and Mindfulness courses monthly. She is a huge advocate of teaching and promoting the benefits of meditation and visits schools, groups and organisations within the local community giving talks and workshops. Her personal philosophy is to be as honest and truthful as possible and specialises in teaching how to open up the heart centre.
What to expect
Set in tranquil surroundings, let us take you on a sacred journey into the heart …
We are moving into a new awakening, away from the old paradigm of making decisions based on fear and lack and into a new way of being, where we move from a place of love. Where we make our decisions intentionally, using our intuition for the highest good for us and our environment.
With this in mind Claire (of Claire Marie Yoga) and Jo have joined together in collaboration to bring you an evening of heart-opening, blissful communion with source, with each other and with nature. They invite you to join them in this sacred celebration of life. To take a pause; to settle, breathe, open your heart and ask yourself “what do I need to do for my highest good?”
- We begin by serving you with a sacred Cacao Ceremony
The blend is from ‘Legacy Cacao.’ An extremely potent, rare lineage of Mayan cacao from central America made to the original Mayan recipe. Blended with flowers and spices, it creates a harmonic that is unique, powerful and complete. An alchemical harmony that will activate, awaken, nourish and support you.
This lineage of cacao has been protected for thousands of years by the Mayan K’iche’ people in Guatemala. It’s part of the original grandmother lineage, decedents of the original trees domesticated by the Mayans who received their inspiration from their gods. This cacao is the physical embodiment of love. The Mayans protected this plant understanding that one day our consciousness would be ready to remember the truth of who we are ~ love. That time is now! It’s time to return to harmony within ourself, with each other and the planet.
The cacao will activate your heart centre and amplify the light you are within 30 minutes.
- Claire will guide you into an hour of blissful reconnection to the body
Beginning gently with a balancing Pranayama known as Nadi Shodhana. This calming breathing exercise will balance your Yin (feminine) and Yang (masculine) energy channels throughout your body, bringing you to inner peace and a relaxed state of mind.
As the focus of your experience is about opening the heart to create positivity, happiness and wellbeing, Claire will then guide you through a chakra alignment with an emphasis on the Anahata (heart) chakra with a yin focused yoga sequence, finishing with a chilled out Savasana.
- Now fully connected to the body, we join together in circle for a heart centred, uplifting chanting and transformational meditation experience to get you out of your head, united with source and flying high!
Jo will guide you on a journey of gratitude, forgiveness and generosity by using a series of ancient Sanskrit chants, mudras and guided meditation practices taught to her directly by her guru, the MahaVairocana Buddha Dechan Jueren.
- Finally, feeling completely ‘blissed-out’ Claire will guide you to a higher state of relaxation, soothing you with healing vibrations with a Gong Bath.
An established sound therapy, a Gong Bath can help clear blockages through your body’s nadis (channels.) The frequency of the gong taps into your alpha brain waves leaving you totally blissed out and serene.
- We close the celebration ceremony dedicating our merit for the benefit of all living beings, having arrived at our destination - true happiness - the Joy of just ‘being’. There will be time to sip delicious herbal teas and have time to process and mingle.
- With our gratitude, you will be gifted a goody bag to continue your sacred journey at home
The time is now. It’s right now. It’s not by accident that you are reading this. This is absolutely where you are meant to be and we are so honoured to share in this awakening with you. If you are reading this then you have already opened up to saying ‘yes’ to opening your heart.
You will need:
- Yoga mat (limited spares available – please pre-book)
- Eye covers/masks (optional)
- Blocks and bolsters should you have them (not essential)
Note: It is not recommended that you attend a gong sound bath if:
- You are in the 3rd trimester of your pregnancy
- You have a pacemaker
- Metal implants